GFST Adult Clinic Information
Clinic Sign Ups
- Sign ups are for the reservation of a spot in an adult clinic.
- PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!
- We will accept drop ins but only if space is available, it is best to be signed up.
- GFST ADULT CLINICS
Sign Up Sheet Postings
- Sets of 4-6 weeks of clinics are posted at a time.
- An email is set out to our member database with each posting.
- A minimum of 4 players must be signed up by 2pm the day prior to hold most clinics.
- An email is sent to those signed up if a clinic is cancelled due to weather or not enough players.
Your Sign Ups
- We ask for all deletes to be made AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
- When you delete less than 24 hours prior, or do not show, you are likely keeping someone else out, who would have paid for that spot.
- Deletes after 2pm the day before the clinic and no shows will be given 1 email warning.
- For a second occurrence of a late delete or no show, the player will be charged for the class.
- You must be logged in to the SignUp Genius (top right) to see delete buttons below your sign ups.
- It is good to double check the sign up sheet after any delete to make sure the request was processed all the way through.
- All of your current sign ups can be viewed by selecting your account logo at the top right (initials, be logged in), then Sign Ups, then Invited To tab at the top.
- If you have any issues with the delete of a sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Players purchase Clinic Tokens which are used for clinic payment and these tokens are maintained in a Token Database.
- The fee for 60 minute clinics is 2 tokens and 90 minute clinics is 3 tokens.
- Tokens should be purchased prior to the clinic or immediately following the clinic.
- Tokens never expire.
- Discounts are given for quantity purchases and to GFST members.
- BUY Tokens
- Open & Used tokens are managed in the Token Database
- An empty box following a players name indicate a token was purchased and not yet used.
- A date in a box following a players name indicates the token was used for a clinic taken on that date.
- A box with a No Symbol in it indicated a token was not purchased, and it will not be filled with a date.
- The date in the far right “Buy Date” column is the date the token(s) were purchased.
- Once a row has been filled, it is moved to the Used Tokens tab (at the bottom).
- VIEW Token Database
Sign Up Comments
- We ask that players enter their USTA/NTPR level [2.5-4.5] when signing up to make sure player level is appropriate for the clinic.
- Periodically we will manually move players on the Wish List if a spot opens, player will be emailed.
- If you are on a Wish List, we will do our best to get you in after a delete, but it is not a guarantee of the next open spot.
- If a spot in a clinic is open, it’s ok for someone to sign up for the spot when others are on the wish list.
- The moves off the Wish List are done manually so PLEASE keep WL requests accurate so those that want to play can know as early as possible.
- New openings in full clinics often happen 3 days prior to the clinic. They sometimes happen less than 24 hours before the clinic due to an emergency situation.
- We ask that Wish List requests be deleted as soon as no longer desired.
- Live Ball is not for beginner tennis players.
- Make all line calls promptly and accurately.
- Do not challenge calls made by tennis pros, opponents, or partner.
- The use of profanity, loud yelling, racquet throwing and any form of misconduct is not permitted.
- Please do your equal share of ball pick up, holding off socializing until courts are clear of all balls.
- When hitting at your opponent, aim for below the waist (feet) when hitting from within the service line.
- Players should tell their partner to ditch the net if they hit a weak lob to their opponent.
- If the lob isn’t going to be great, avoid the lob, better to keep the ball low.
- Ditch the net on any weak lob that a strong opponent will overhead smash.
- Balls not in play should be pushed to the back of the court as quickly as possible (not to sides or net).
- When a ball needs clearing, let pro know loudly & clearly, then clear quickly to the back.
- Do not participate in any behavior that would risk injury to anyone else, such as throwing or hitting balls when not in play, throwing your racquet or any other object.
- Look to play high percentage shots for competitive, challenging, strategic, and safe point exchanges.
- Aim for the winners off players balls, not necessarily the feed from the pro.
- When not in play, please keep your focus on the next position so you are ready to go when “rotate” is called.
- When more than 2 players on a side, aim to rotate in a circle.
- When first feed it to the deuce side, rotation is to the left. When first feed is to the ad side, rotation is to the right.
- If there are 2 players already in line and multiple courts, or if directed by a pro, please move quickly to another entry line location.
- Please clear balls & return yourself to ready position as quickly as possible.
- Play at own risk.
- All players must wear non-marking, light-soled tennis shoes and proper tennis attire and have good personal hygiene.
- Please discard all trash and recyclable items in appropriate receptacles.
- Water is allowed on courts in plastic containers only. No other food or drink is allowed on courts, and glass containers are prohibited.
- The deliberate hitting of balls at the ceiling, wall, curtains, and light fixtures is prohibited.
- Respect Pass Academy coaches & staff while they are trying to provide an enjoyable, engaging & challenging environment for all.
- Pass Academy coaches have the right to make appropriate clinic placement adjustments as they see applicable.
- Please cross on the far LEFT side of the bubble.
- Quickly cross in the BACK of the court, NEVER at the net.
- If a lesson or a clinic is taking place on a court, please wait on the benches or chairs near the revolving door on court 1, leaving the bench available for the players and pro of that court.
- When you cross in the back of a Live Ball court, cross with extreme caution, and do not be looking at your phone because you may get hit in the ear with a ball!
- If you arrive early, please be respectful of the courts already in play. It you want to stretch, please find an area that is not in the line of sight of play or on the edge of the court.
- We encourage all players to arrive on time for their clinics, it shows respect to the other players in the clinic and to the tennis pro.
- Please wait until a point is over to walk on a court or retrieve/return a ball.
- Please keep the courts clean by throwing away any trash, and wearing clean shoes.
- Keep all sign ups, including all Wish List requests, accurate & up to date.
- Make any sign up deletes as early as possible to give those on the wish list max notice time.